On 6th February 1958 the airliner carrying players and backroom staff of Manchester United, plus a number of journalists and supporters, crashed in a blizzard on its third attempt to take off from Munich airport.
United were returning from Belgrade where they had just beaten Red Star Belgrade in the European Cup and had stopped off at Munich for re-fuelling. Twenty-three of the forty-four passengers on board the aircraft lost their lives.
February 2018 Marked the 60th Anniversary of the Munich Air Crash
3rd February 2018
6th February 2018
- Presentation of Ribbons From Munich Wreath to Harry Gregg
- Mission Statement of the Manchester Munich Memorial Foundation
- Presentation of the Manchester Munich Memorial Foundation Shield – 12 May 2018
- Fans representative at the 2019 Remembrance Pilgrimage to Munich Announced
- Donation Received – With Thanks – May 2018
- Photos from the 2018 memorial event in Munich
- Munich – 60th Anniversary Commemoration – 6 February 2018 (Video of Full Service)