On 6th February 1958 the airliner carrying players and backroom staff of Manchester United, plus a number of journalists and supporters, crashed in a blizzard on its third attempt to take off from Munich airport.
United were returning from Belgrade where they had just beaten Red Star Belgrade in the European Cup and had stopped off at Munich for re-fuelling. Twenty-three of the forty-four passengers on board the aircraft lost their lives.
February 2018 Marked the 60th Anniversary of the Munich Crash
3rd February 2018
6th February 2018
- Mission Statement of the Manchester Munich Memorial Foundation
- Petition for the Installation of a Show Case at ManchesterPlatz in Munich
- Rechts der Isar Hospital, Munich
- 23 Nov 2018: MMMF Gala Dinner: review & photos
- 12 Nov 2018: MMMF Director Pat Burns appears on MUTV
- 07 Oct 2018: Inaugural MMMF Trophy Match
- 30 Jun 2018: Presentation of Ribbons From Munich Wreath to Harry Gregg
- 12 May 2018: Presentation of the Manchester Munich Memorial Foundation Shield
- 12 May 2018: Fans representative at the 2019 Remembrance Pilgrimage to Munich Announced
- May 2018: Donation Received – With Thanks
- Feb 2018: Munich – 60th Anniversary Commemoration (Video of Full Service)